· You need a solid plan and the methods needed to succeed to obtain the goals and objectives.
· You need to make sure both you and your employees fully understand the mission, goals, company products, what is expected of them, and what is expected of you.
· Carefully analyze all aspects within your department before making any changes. Get with key members of your staff and discuss all options.
· You need to get the right people to do the right job. You might need to reassign them for optimal performance.
· You need to set up a timeline whenever a major project, task, or structuring takes place. The short-term plans must coincide with the long-term objective.
· You need to provide the right materials and training. A lack of materials and training will result in a lack of efficiency.
· You need to know how to use programs such as spreadsheets to monitor your department’s performance and correct issues as they arise.